Motorcycle Therapy Forum banner
361 - 380 of 1,572 Posts
Good morning folks. It is 38°F going to 59.

March is here which means I get to see five of my grandkids in a few weeks. The Florida bunch are going to Charlotte SC for a weekend plus a few days. I'll ride down sans the Pretty Pillion, (she can't get off work). I can't wait to see the family again.

Discussion starter · #363 ·
Morning y'all, wow March already. Looking forward to better riding days. Nothing major on agenda today and hopefully it stays that way. Everyone, enjoy your hump day.

Discussion starter · #367 ·
Just had a hail storm blow thru. It lasted about 15 minutes. One outside light stopped working, I'll check out after sunlight. No much rain, but was heavy for about 30 minutes.

Good morning folks. We have rain at 50°F today with temps rising about 15°.

Pretty Pillion wants to do another ride this weekend so we are planning on a trip to Monticello. Two hours one-way. Sunday Rex goes for his 5K mile checkup.

Mornin all. Looks like we are getting a 8" to a foot of snow tomorrow. Not ideal. I'd like to get the bikes out and swap places so the 1100 is in the garage. She needs some carb work before riding season. The 600 can live in the shed till I am ready to start the build.

Just had a hail storm blow thru. It lasted about 15 minutes. One outside light stopped working, I'll check out after sunlight. No much rain, but was heavy for about 30 minutes.

I was in my shop one day, which has a metal roof, when a thunderstorm with hail came through. Boy did I ever wish I had my earplugs that day. It was intense and loud.

Like @lesblank , we had a crapload of hail move through about 3:45 last night. Mostly dime to marble size and it came down heavy for about 10 minutes. I haven't checked the car yet but the trees are pretty stripped. As soon as the sun comes up I'll check things out.

Discussion starter · #372 ·
Morning y'all. Rain and hail arrived at 2pm last night. I got up watching it and couldn't go back to sleep. Sat in my chair and finally dozed off a bit. Now feel really lazy. Seems like a great day to do nothing. All my vehicles sit under the carport so should be good. Everything appears OK as the daylight breaks.

Good morning folks. It is 44°F going to 45! We are dry at the moment but will have rain most of the day.

Our ride tomorrow to Monticello is two hours one-way. This is part of my attempt to condition Pretty Pillion for longer rides this summer. Will we attend Rockets Across America in Richwood, WV later in the year.

Well, it was pretty nasty outside my home yesterday after the hail storm. These pics are about 5 hours after the hail and there's still piles of it everywhere. The trees are mostly stripped. The good news: the car is mostly OK. Some very slight hail pings here and there but unless you know how to spot it, you'll never see it.
Footwear Plant Gesture Grass Finger

The "blob" in the back is about 1' deep. It's where the roof converges and dumps rain,well, usually rain.
Grass Plant Terrestrial plant Evergreen Groundcover

What Josie (my dog) and I saw when I opened the garage door.
Plant Tree Grass Biome Carnivore

The view the other direction.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant

Attachments

I made it to work after walking Brahma for 4 miles due to a crash ahead. Expressways need more exits darn it.

Reactions: Tinsnips
Discussion starter · #376 ·
Morning y'all. @CarGuy, I think you got hitted harder than I did. My hail was slightly smaller. Power must have blinked off last night with storm. Wifi was down and had to boot it twice to get it going. We've got a beautiful cool and sunny morning after the storm blew in last night. Had sustained winds in mid 20s and gusts to 32. Everyone enjoy y'all's day.

Thermostat Alarm clock Temperature Clock Material property

29,362 · a moment ago

My weekend officially begins now. Just rode home in a steady rain at 43°F. And once again, the traffic announcer is telling us about a multitude of car crashes due to the wet roads. Not one motorcycle crash. I tell you again, they should ban cars from driving in the rain as it is just not safe to drive on wet roads. Ride your bikes folks! Your safety is important to us all...

Well, the hail and thunder you guys had is expected to roll through here shortly. They originally said 8 to 12” of snow but have cut that in half. The radar looks impressive but aside from it snowing hard they are not pressing the panic button very hard.

I did some work around the house and even managed a short dog nap on the couch. Likely order a pizza later & just watch TV.

Have a great night.

Good morning folks. It is 41°F right now and rising to 55°. We changed our plans for a ride to Monticello today as the temps are a tad too low for Pretty Pillion. And, we see that we are about to get hit with winds around 30-35 mph and gusts up to 50 mph. We are still going to drive out in her Wrangler for a pizza lunch.
For now, I am cooking breakfast and just woke her up. I let her sleep in a few extra minutes today.

Reactions: lesblank
361 - 380 of 1,572 Posts