Motorcycle Therapy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

· Admin of the North
1989 GSXR 1100
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t care if you have 3 lifts, a TIG welder and a horizontal mill - a garage isn’t a garage unless it has a radio.

Post up what ever you have on yours or maybe what the sound track will be on your next ride.

· Administrator - "Loose Nut"
From Bandera, Texas - 2019 HD Freewheeler - 2006 Vulcan 900
524 Posts
Took longer than I thought before you posted music clips. For those who don't know, @Tinsnips has a music clip for any and every thought, occasion, ride, not riding, awake, not awake, well you get the picture. Good first choice.

· Admin of the North
1989 GSXR 1100
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guilty as charged. I have a Spotify subscription (highly recommend) and annually they give you the stats for the year. Apparently I listened to 4310 different songs from 1250 different artists. That said, it is threads like this I find songs I haven’t heard.

Let me know what you are grooving to or maybe what was THE song that brings back the younger days!

· Admin of the North
1989 GSXR 1100
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK. One more. I also encourage stories or commentary about the song or artist. This is a story.

I was fishing walking the shore of the Niagara River in Queenston Ontario. Great salmon & trout fishing. I stopped for awhile and was drifting bait over a hole & enjoying a snack. Out of nowhere I heard guitars tuning and general voice checks then this dropped clear and loud. I happened to be directly across the river from Art Park in Lewiston NY and Mr Tull was doing a sound check. Was a surreal experience.

· Super Moderator
296 Posts
Were I to have a garage, it would have a music system of some sort.

Ray Lynch's Deep Breakfast would be on the play list:

Reactions: AlanRides

· Registered
'18 SVTC
136 Posts
I do have a kluged together sound system in my garage that turned out, mostly because of dumb luck, to sound pretty good. Of course my older ears don't hear detail and nuance as well they used to, so the "audiophile" (haha) bar gets lowered somewhat every year.

However, I may be the last person on earth without a Spotify or I-Tunes or whatever cloud based music subscription. I just stream whatever the ClassicUndergroundRadio channel at 3WK.com happens to be playing. It is a collection of 60's to mid 80's artists, with a healthy dose of non-mainstream bands and "B" sides or deep album cuts instead of the typical "Classic Rock" FM radio schlop.

Couple of examples:

· Admin of the North
1989 GSXR 1100
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn you guys are good. Alan I enjoyed both of those. I didn’t know either song but will be looking both artists up. The forst sounded like The Association doing an early Stones track. The second reminded me strongly of The Byrds. As you can tell my music tastes are heavily British and Canadian.

Boog that sounds very much like in game music from a (the only) game I play.

OK. I will pick things up a bit here with some north of the border stuff.

· Super Moderator
296 Posts
Tins, it may be in some of the games like Morrowwind products. But it sure keeps me focused at my desk and I am sure it would in my future garage. Or at least the imaginary one in my head.

Here is a group of songs that really works for me on a long playlist:

· Registered
130 Posts
That said, it is threads like this I find songs I haven’t heard.
As a general rule I don't like anything that I haven't heard before. I usually have to hear a song several times before I decide whether it's bpe worthy o_O. That being said, here are some exceptions to the rule. The following 3 songs not only can I remember exactly where I was the first time I heard them, but they absolutely stunned me. Not my 3 favorite songs mind you, just songs that were great the first time I heard them. Going in chronological order of when I first heard them. As luck would have it, it's the same chronological order as when they came out 😆.

· Admin of the North
1989 GSXR 1100
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fully agree on all.

I know what you mean about having to listen to some stuff till I "get it" A lot of times I have already hit the like button before a new song finishes but it seems to be bands with me that I need to listen to a few songs over & over till it finally clicks.

· Registered
130 Posts
I almost wanted to put this one on the above list. Certainly one of my earliest memories of the song, just can't say for sure if it was the first time I heard it. I must have been about 7 and had a hand held AM transistor radio. I would take it to bed with me and pull the sheet over my head (I figured the sheet would help block the sound from my parents, since I was supposed to be sleeping). This Doors tune just put me in some kind of euphoric dream state. If I would have had FM stereo with headphones it most likely would have led to some kind of R&R overdose. 😄

1 - 20 of 107 Posts